|MEGA REGION - NETWORK CONFEDERATION|
Mlle Anaïs MARIN
Pol. Sc. Ph.D., Sciences Po Paris, 2006 Centre for International Studies and Research (CERI)
Home address: 540 route des Vertes Campagnes F -01170 Gex, France, firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of birth: 16 August 1977
- Areas of expertise: IR theory, Russian foreign policy, EU-Russia relations, Northern Dimension, ENP, Russian federalism, North-West regions (St. Petersburg, Karelia).
- Research interests: cities and borders in contemporary IR, network regionalisation in the Baltic Sea rim, urban paradiplomacy, cross-border cooperation, Euroregions, desecuritisation.
- Linguistic skills: French (mother tongue), English, Russian (fluent), Spanish, German (interm.)
- 2006 Doctorat (Ph.D.) in Political Science, Paris Institute of Political Studies (Sciences Po), France. Supervisor: Pr. Anne de Tinguy (INALCO, Paris). Distinction summa cum laude. Thesis title: “St. Petersburg, a Border-City in Europe. Extroversion, Paradiplomacy and Influence of the 'Northern Capital' on the Russian Federation's Foreign Policy (1990-2003)” (in French) http://ecoledoctorale.sciences-po.fr/theses/theses_enligne/marin_scpo_2006/Marin_scpo_2006.pdf
- 2001 International MA in Russian Studies (IMARS), European University at St. Petersburg, Russia. 1999 DEA (M. Phil.) in Comparative Study of Democratic Transition in Post-Communist Europe, Sciences Po Paris. Distinction magna cum laude. Thesis title: “Regionalisation and Transnational Networks in the Gulf of Finland : a Case Study in Russia’s North-Western Margins” (in French).
- 1999 Degree in Russian Law Terminology & Translation, Institute of Comparative Law, Paris Sorbonne. 1998 Sciences Po Diploma in International Relations (International Civil Law). Distinction magna cum laude. 1995 International Option Baccalaureate (Anglo-American section) in Literature, Centre International de Valbonne-Sophia Antipolis (CIV), France. Distinction summa cum laude. 1993 International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE), Cambridge University, A +.
- 2006-2008 Language teacher (Legal French-Russian translation) at the Lomonosov International Centre – Filial of the Moscow State University’s Faculty of Law in Geneva, Switzerland.
- 2006-2007 Teaching and Research Assistant (ATER) in Political Science and Sociology of the State at the Faculty of Law and Politology, Universite d’Auvergne, Clermont-Ferrand, France.
- 2003-2004 Teaching and Research Assistant (ATER) in Russian Language and Contemporary Civilisation at the Department of Slavic Studies, Blaise Pascal University of Humanities, Clermont-Ferrand, France.
Academic research assignments
- Fall 2005 Associated Research Fellow, Danish Institute for International Studies (DIIS), Copenhagen (DK). Working group on Europe’s North within the EU Border Conflict Project (supervisor: Pertti Joenniemi).
- 2002-2003 Junior Research Fellow, Institute for Security Studies (ISS) of the European Union, Paris (F). Research and advocacy on EU-Russia Security Dimensions (supervisor: Dov Lynch).
Other professional activities
- Since 2007 Participation in Cluster 14 Rhone-Alpes on The International City: Knowledge, Networks and Urban Governments, Laboratoire TRIANGLE (UMR 5206), Ecole Normale Superieure (ENS), Lyons, France.
- Since 2002 Member of Megaregion -Network Confederation, St. Petersburg (www.megaregion.narod.ru).
- 2002-2004 Co-founder and administrator of a doctoral research group on Foreign Policies and New Diplomats (PEND) at the Centre for International Studies and Research (CERI), Paris, France.
Conferences and summer schools
- Nov. 2005 Sciences / Po MGIMO Annual Seminar on Russia and the New Europe, Paris, France. July 2005 VII ICCEES World Congress of the Council for Central and East European Studies, Berlin, Germany. June 2002 Second Convent of the Russian, Nordic Central and East European International Studies Associations
- (RISA/NISA/CEEISA), MGIMO, Moscow, Russia. Aug. 2001 Tampere University Workshop on In or Out? The EU, the Baltic States and Russia, Tartu, Estonia. Dec. 2001 IISS (International Institute for Strategic Studies, London) and CIRP (Centre for Integration Research, St. Petersburg) joint conference on regional cooperation in the Baltic Sea area, Novgorod, Russia.
- June 2001 Barents Euro-Arctic Council summer school on European North and NATO: Past and Present, Petrozavodsk State University, Urozero (Republic of Karelia), Russia.
- Sept. 2001 Third Congress of Russian Regionalistics, Bolshoe Boldino (Nizhny-Novgorod, Russia). July 2000 VI ICCEES World Congress, Tampere, Finland.
Membership in scientific associations
- International Studies Section of the French Association of Political Science (AFSP). Central and East European International Studies Association (CEEISA), Budapest. Association for Borderlands Studies (ABS), San Diego. CONNEX Network on Europeanization of public policies in Eastern Europe, Paris.
- July 2004 Becas Gorbachev Fund, Fundacion Academia Europea grant, Yuste, Spain. 2000-2001 TEMPUS doctoral research fellowship, European University at St. Petersburg, Russia.
- 2000-2002 Allocation de recherche, French Ministry of Research grant. Fall 1999 Simon Lazar field research grant, Moscow, Russia. Fall 1997 Bourse Lavoisier, French Ministry for Foreign Affairs grant, MGIMO, Moscow, Russia.
Music. Plays the piano, alto and tenor saxophones (jazz band). Sports Swimming, water polo, skiing, zazen.